Ashton Jones discusses beer, writing, beer, dogs, beer, guns and coffee. Mmmm... coffee...

Saturday, May 29, 2010

I started a blog. I feel special.

Oooh! Lookit! I started a blog!

Ahem.

Anyways, my name is Ashton Jones and you have probably never heard of me. I am a gunsmith by trade, and an aspiring fiction writer by night. It's all very complicated.

So, I have been writing since I was a teenager, but I have never taken it seriously at all. I recently decided to get back into it and am now writing about one short story a week. I have submitted stories to Analog, Weird Tales, Fantasy and Science Fiction and Tor.com since I started writing again and it feels great. I don't have high hopes of getting any stories accepted, just yet, but you'll never sell if you never try.

Anyways, getting back into writing has been a challenge, but I am enjoying it. Today, I just couldn't get any writing started so I decided to distract myself by creating a blog. I hope it isn't too terrible.

I will be using this to keep track of my writing progress, and you are welcome to tag along if you want. I can't promise that it will be a thrilling and grand adventure, but I hope it will be at least a little bit enlightening.

Enjoy,
Ashton Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment